The Leapfrog Hospital Safety Score will now be known as the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade. Though the name is new, the scoring methodology and other aspects of the program have not changed. We believe this change in name more accurately reflects the nature of the rating and will enhance stakeholder understanding of the program. The name change is reflected on the Safety Grade Review Website for hospitals and in materials for hospitals. The name change will be reflected on the public website (www.HospitalSafetyGrade.org) with the October release of updated Safety Grades.
The Fall 2016 Safety Grade Review Period will be open from September 14 – October 4, 2016. By accessing the Review Website, you will be able to:
- Provide contact information for your hospital so we can send you important announcements about the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade.
- Update your hospital’s name, address, and Medicare Provider Number.
- Review the source data used to calculate your hospital’s numerical score and validate that we have recorded the correct information. Download review instructions here.
- Download a copy of the calculator and the scoring methodology.
- Preview your hospital’s preliminary numerical score.
Following the review period, we will refresh this website to reflect any changes that occurred during the review period and finalize numerical scores. Hospital letter grades will not be available until October 2016.
Please download and review a copy of the Review Instructions and Tips before you begin by clicking here.